The last obstacle to deployment of global telematics is wireless access independent of the carriers.
The iMetrik-COLLECT System greatly enhances asset security and your collection capabilities, yet it is simple to use
Just contact the vehicle’s GPS monitoring device via wireless network, then use the “dashboard” application to observe location, send commands and more.
The compact vehicle-embedded device is just 1” high X 3” long X 2” wide, so it can be discretely located on the vehicle. Protected by a rugged casing able to stand up to the harsh automotive environment, the GPS locator device consumes very little power, so there is minimal drain even on well-worn vehicle batteries. The device features wireless GPS monitoring and a starter interrupter which can disable a vehicle or re-enable it, plus an emergency by-pass code, so a driver can be given a code to start the truck should it be disabled out of coverage range.
The device connects to the largest private network of carriers serving the fleet management market for the highest probability of seamless connectivity. This GSM/GPRS quad band wireless coverage ensures the best results for lenders who want to constantly connect with their assets for security and surveillance purposes.
You access each vehicle or group of vehicles remotely in real time through a web-based “dashboard” accessible on any web-enabled computer or mobile device. This monitoring software lets you manipulate vehicle activities using wireless networks and a password-secured application.
The dashboard uses Microsoft’s Virtual Earth™ to locate any vehicle in a few seconds and send commands to each vehicle via satellite at any time. You and other staff members can also receive alerts via email or instant text messages on exceptional behavior which may require intervention, so that you can respond immediately. Finally, the monitoring software lets you save time by scheduling alerts (for example, maintenance alerts), minimizing the need to re-input repetitive commands. Alerts include:
- Perimeter-based alerts – Receive alerts when a vehicle enters or leaves a zone marked out by you. You can “geo-fence” a vehicle by designating up to 10 keep-in or keep-out zones. Zones can be a small as a garage or lot, or as big as a country, to trigger cross-border violations
- Network Presence Indicator - Displays which vehicles have connected to the network within the last 24 hours and their locations – no need to perform a locate command
- Power loss alert - A critical alarm when the power supply is suddenly removed by tampering with the device – an indicator of theft risk
- Battery low voltage alert - Prompts an alert if a vehicle’s battery is below its effective power capacity
- Mileage threshold alert – Set predefined mileage alerts to prompt vehicle maintenance reminders and help maintain the value of the asset